Re: Mailing lists..forums...StackExchange...some ideas?

Not to throw out too many ideas, but before you send out the email, I
thought we should also consider potentially using discourse. It seems like
a good tool, and I managed to get a demo setup here.

http://dhis2.info

An obvious advantage here is that we would have a lot more control over the
entire process, rather than being subject to StackExchange's rather arcane
rules. I think we could rather easily achieve a good Q&A site with this as
well. Downside of course is that this server is being managed by us at the
moment, and one more thing which we would need to take care of, although
something we could likely push off to our friends a BAO Systems.

Thoughts?

Best regards,
Jason

P.S. On a totally unrelated note, I came across https://mandrillapp.com
which is described in the Discourse setup, and it also seems like a very
good alternative for sending emails, without having to worry about getting
an SMTP server setup.