Re: Pagination patch

Hi,

agreed that pagination is needed on long lists like data elements and
indicators. Jason, could you take the bother to write a blueprint? I guess
you have almost done it with your last mail.

Re the filtering I think we are mixing this up a bit. Currently filtering
happens on the client side. It can continue to do that even if we use
pagination as the filter function simply moves elements back and forth from
a hidden list.

Also, currently we have on-the-fly filtering. Would it be simpler if we just
have a button which says "Filter" instead, ie letting the user decide when
to perform the filtering? Easier and maybe better?

Agree that this is important and that we really need to improve
usability/performance in "high latency internet environments". Downloading
the data element list with 1000 elements can be around 1 MB which is
unacceptable. We have currently reduced the amount of html in the page +
made the delete function "ajaxified" in order to avoid reloading the list,
but more must be done.

Lars