Re: Pagination patch

I actually made a video, of what happens, but lacking bandwidth on
this side of the equator, I will describe the problem instead.

I open up the data element page and filter begin to type "Malaria".
After about the third character, the browser completely freezes, and
goes grey. It stays this way for approximately 2 minutes, and the
comes back to life again. During this period, the CPU usage shoots up
to 100%, and the whole OS (Ubuntu on a MacBook) becomes extremely
sluggish. It is not pretty.

2010/4/22 Lars Helge Øverland <larshelge@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 8:20 AM, Jason Pickering
> <jason.p.pickering@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I have written up a blueprint here. It seems a bit wishy-washy when I
>> read it now. Comments?
>>
>> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/server-side-pagination
>
> Thanks!
> After looking more closely I realized that we are not using ajax calls for
> the filtering of the "main" dataelement list (or any of the others). We are
> simply hiding the rows that don't match the filter with javascript/dom.
> Then its a bit weird that you are getting these problems... What does your
> environment look like when you experience this freeze?

Jason P. Pickering
email: jason.p.pickering@xxxxxxxxx
tel:+260968395190