Re: DHIS2 - Manage Provider's List

Hi Aboyt,

Thank you for your time and detailed reply, please see my comments below.

I have follow two major queries, hope you or some one from community can
> help in,
>

>    1. *Is it possible to use/link a single patient with multiple
>    programs, and all the details of patients are kept at one place?*
>
> *[Aboyt]* Yes, this is possible. You can link (rather enroll - that is
the terminology in DHIS2) a patient to multiple programs. For this to
happen all your programs should have the same tracked entity. In addition,
if by chance you are registering a patient without selecting a program,
then you should select the same tracked entity that you assigned to your
programs.

Also, since you wanted some details of a patient to appear for all your
programs, you need to create a list of attributes and assign them to your
programs. An attribute filled during program A enrollment/registration will
appear for program B.

2

*. Similarly, what is the best way to keep a list of providers(Doctors) and
linking them to either patients, programs and organization units?*
*[Aboyt] *This is a bit tricky and I am not really sure I understand your
usecase - for example what kind of report/analysis/output are you expecting?

Yes, you can use a relationship and relate a patient with one or more
doctors or any other tracked entity instance for that matter (could even be
a patient). But the relationship here is at the level of tracked entity
instance not program - meaning a doctor you linked to your patient during
program A will appear when you open program B details of the same patient.
Is this what you want?

I think the best here is for you to provide us more details on what you
wanted to do with providers? what kind and how many stage do you have per
program? are you expecting the same provider for the entire program?

[Tahir] We are planning to implment DHIS2, so at present I think both of
the scenarios may exist, because a doctor may be providing facilities for
multiple programs and for some programs it has to be only a particular
doctor.

We have to maintain a list of all the providers (doctors) with some level
of details, like name, address, qualification, rating and status. Does
there exist anything like an option set populated with this doctors and
select for each program from this list? Or should I customize my instance
of DHIS2 to add this functionality in the system?

--
*Regards,*
*Muhammad Tahir*