Re: [Dhis2-devs] DHIS 2 Live

Hi Olav,

A recommended setup for offline district offices (at least of some size) is
to use a local network with 1 ubuntu server running DHIS 2 and multiple
clients (mostly Windows), allowing users to share the same
installation/database of DHIS. Often there are more than one DHIS user at
the district office and this setup provide more flexibility and access to
the data. Having the DHIS run on a virus-free ubuntu machine compared to a
Windows machine makes a huge difference in terms of tech support needs and
DHIS 2 up time. Of course setting up a local network requires some more
initial tech work, but in the long run it is probably worth it.

This has been used in the offline deployment in Sierra Leone.

Ola
------

Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)
HISP
Department of Informatics
University of Oslo

Mobile: +47 48069736
Home address: Vetlandsvn. 95B, 0685 Oslo, Norway. Googlemaps
link<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Vetlandsvn.+95B,+0685+Oslo,+Norway>