From: Sam Kasozi <kasozis@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 09:49:41
To: Dayo Adeyomoye<deemoyes@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: dhis2-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<dhis2-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] dhis.war deployment on Windows platform

Hi  Dayo, assuming PostgreSQL is installed and the database is created with
the following:

Login Role (User): dhisuser
User password: dhispwd
Database: dhis2dbase

Then the hibernate.properties configuration file would be as thus:

hibernate.dialect = org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect
hibernate.connection.driver_class = org.postgresql.Driver
hibernate.connection.url = jdbc:postgresql:dhis2ug
hibernate.connection.username = dhisuser
hibernate.connection.password = dhispwd
hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto = update

To tell the DHIS 2 where to find the configuration file, create a system
Environment Variable DHIS2_HOME, with the directory path to the
hibernate.properties configuration file
i.e DHIS2_HOME: C:\...

Another Environment Variable you need to set is the JAVA_OPTS, which
allocates memory to the java process
JAVA_OPTS: -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

The current DHIS2 WAR file (version 2.11) is about 80MB, which is higher
than the default maximum size that can be deployed by Tomcat 7.x. To
correct this, increase the max-file-size and max-request-size from 50MB
(52428800) to at least 100MB (104857600) by editing the ‘web.xml’ file in
the directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
7.0\webapps\manager\WEB-INF (in my case).

http://dhis2.org/development

From the Tomcat Manager:
Under Deploy section, choose the WAR file to upload, Deploy and wait (about
3-5 minutes in my case)

If all is well, then the DHIS2 instance will be loaded under the
Applications Section
Click on it under the ‘Path’ column to start

Hope this helps,
Sam