Re: [Dhis2-devs] Aggregation query builder details

Dear All,

We are facing same problem create an Aggregation query builder details as
sum of data element value I put everything but it comes to Data element for
sum/average/min/max ** **and try to select I can’t find anything and this
field is*

mandatory and the data aggregation data element and tracker data element both
has sum aggregation

*Actually we cant to count Total Number of live birth from tracker capture
patient type data element.*

*How can I do it in program indicator ?*

*Thanks*

*Regards*

*Fatema*

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 5:21 PM, Ese Egerega <ese@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Am riding on Nami's question on aggregate query builder.
>
> I would like to know if there is a work around since the dropdown for
> "Data element for sum/average/min/max*" is not working in dhis2.21*
>
> We have a data element in tracker which records the quantity of drugs
> dispensed to patients during ANC visits. We would like to aggregate the
> total drug dispensed to a dataset so as to calculate things like maximum
> stock or quantity of drugs to order.
>
> Right now, am able to aggregate only the number of visits but not the
> actual drugs dispensed.
>
> I will appreciated any suggestions.
>
> Thanks,
> Ese
>
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 8:22 AM, Olav Poppe <olav.poppe@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> just wanted to add my voice in support for improving (e.g. making it
>> faster and more reliable, supporting cohort analysis etc), rather than
>> removing the aggregation query builder. While I think the program
>> indicators are great, I think there are many cases where you would rather
>> want to store the aggregate data.
>>
>> One case I think is highly relevant (in the sense that countries are
>> doing it now) is where you have some facilities reporting via tracker and
>> other on paper/aggregate, and you would want the data to end up in the same
>> data elements/data sets.
>>
>> Olav
>>

>> 26. nov. 2015 kl. 23.01 skrev Knut Staring <knutst@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>
>> Thanks for the clarifications, Elmarie and Dipali
>>
>> I think these are good inputs to our dev team, and hope some of them will
>> also chip into this conversation.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Knut
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 4:11 AM, Elmarie Claasen <elmarie@xxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Knut,
>>>

>>> Although I can see that program indicators can be helpful it has limited
>>> use in the context of interoperability between DHIS2 instances. In South
>>> Africa we feel that Survey type instances should be kept separate from
>>> Routine Health data collection and as such collect event or tracker data
>>> for surveys and would want to set up aggregated data elements in the system
>>> which populates with a stored aggregated data value which we
>>> export/synchronise with the routine HMIS system e.g.
>>>
>>> Patient satisfaction survey rate = No of surveys conducted/No of
>>> facilities
>>>
>>> Patient satisfaction rate = No of satisfied responses/All responses
>>>

>>> It is true that these aggregated elements can be populated with a
>>> function called via a sql view or cron job but not the most ideal.
>>>
>>> Up to now I have not figured out how to set up an indicator which counts
>>> if there was any surveys done in a specific period by adding a program
>>> indicator due to the limited amount of mathematical calculation formulae
>>> allowed in the Program Indicator engine.

> [...]

*Fatema Uddin*

Technical Advisor (HIS)-Support to the Health Sector Program II
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
German House
House 10/A-2, Road 90
Gulshan 2, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh

T          +880 9666701000