Re: DHIS2: Manage data that does not change often

Hello Martin,

This is more like an event. You can model it as a program without
registration and then create program indicators which can be used in
aggregate (more like a constant from an event). However this depends on how
creative you will be to ensure the periodicity is maintained.

Alex

On Wednesday, August 31, 2016, Martin Van Aken <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi Propser,
> The problem is that it all depends - those are linked to changes at the
> health program manager level, and it's not a predictable variable. The
> problem is that it's stable-ish - for a given month, it will be stable for
> a most facilities, but there will probably be changes for a set of
> facilities each month or tow (in other words: at least one subset/group of
> facilities will have a change every period of two - not the same group each
> time of course).
>
> So, the dataSet frequency is not stable - can stay stable for six months,
> then change twice in the next three, etc.
>
> Thanks already for your help,
>
> Martin
>
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 10:53 AM, Prosper BT <ptb3000@xxxxxxxxx
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','ptb3000@xxxxxxxxx');>> wrote:
>
>> Dear Martin,
>>
>> Can you share the frequency of change or required frequency that you
>> would have to maintain if you choose to create a data element and dataset
>> for this case, because its the most viable and given ability to track
>> changes over time. This could be a data set only assigned to one Orgunits.
>>
>> Also how often to use this in analysis, this can also guide on on the
>> dataset frequency.
>>
>> Regards
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 9:46 AM, Martin Van Aken <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx');>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>> I'm wondering about the best way to manage a use case of ours in DHIS2.
>>> We have a specific element of data (prices for services in an RBF system)
>>> which is normally the same for every org unit for a given period (and in
>>> most case stable for several periods). As an example, we could have
>>> something like:
>>>
>>> Consultation Price:
>>> - Jan-December 2016: 2.5$
>>> - Jan-June 2016: 2$
>>> - July-December 2016: 3$
>>>
>>> I'm not sure what to use to represent this kind of data in DHIS2:
>>>
>>> - Constant is not good as it can evolve
>>> - Standard Data Element means that when we make a change, we need to
>>> "apply" it to every entity for the given period (thus generating hundreds
>>> or thousand of copies of that values)
>>>
>>> Added question: if we go for a Data Element, how could we "fill it" at
>>> regular basis (like for the next period each time) - we don't want people
>>> to fill as a data entry for individual entities (it does not make any
>>> sense, and it's not something they "report" anyway).
>>>
>>> Any opinion is welcome!
>>>
>>> Martin
>>> --
>>> *Martin Van Aken - **Freelance Enthusiast Developer*
>>>
>>> Mobile : +32 486 899 652
>>>
>>> Follow me on Twitter : @martinvanaken <http://twitter.com/martinvanaken>
>>> Call me on Skype : vanakenm
>>> Hang out with me : martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx');>
> [...]

Alex Tumwesigye

Technical Advisor - DHIS2 (Consultant),
Ministry of Health/AFENET  | HISP Uganda
Kampala
Uganda
+256 774149 775, + 256 759 800161
Skype ID: talexie

IT Consultant (Servers, Networks and Security, Health Information Systems -
DHIS2, Disease Outbreak & Surveillance Systems) & Solar Consultant

"I don't want to be anything other than what I have been - one tree hill "