Re: installation of DOLFIN 0.5.7 on Debian

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005, Anders Logg wrote:

From the configure output below, it looks like PETSC_DIR is set
correctly. Can you try to do the following in a shell:

   make -s -C $PETSC_DIR getincludedirs PETSC_DIR=$PETSC_DIR

Make sure you have defined PETSC_DIR first. Does this produce some
reasonable output? You should get something like

-I/usr/local/lib/petsc -I/usr/local/lib/petsc/bmake/linux-gnu -I/usr/local/lib/petsc/include

Sorry, no. Do I need to do this in any specific location?

I get

(sarge1-root)faheem@io:/usr/local/src/dolfin/dolfin-0.5.7$ export PETSC_DIR=/usr/lib/petsc-2.2.1
(sarge1-root)faheem@io:/usr/local/src/dolfin/dolfin-0.5.7$ make -s -C $PETSC_DIR getincludedirs PETSC_DIR=$PETSC_DIR
make: *** No rule to make target `getincludedirs'.  Stop.

                                                          Faheem.