Re: installation of DOLFIN 0.5.7 on Debian

On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 09:14:33PM -0400, Faheem Mitha wrote:>

> On Mon, 4 Jul 2005, Anders Logg wrote:
>
> >>From the configure output below, it looks like PETSC_DIR is set
> >correctly. Can you try to do the following in a shell:
> >
> >   make -s -C $PETSC_DIR getincludedirs PETSC_DIR=$PETSC_DIR
> >
> >Make sure you have defined PETSC_DIR first. Does this produce some
> >reasonable output? You should get something like
> >
> >-I/usr/local/lib/petsc -I/usr/local/lib/petsc/bmake/linux-gnu
> >-I/usr/local/lib/petsc/include
>
> Sorry, no. Do I need to do this in any specific location?
>
> I get
>
> (sarge1-root)faheem@io:/usr/local/src/dolfin/dolfin-0.5.7$ export
> PETSC_DIR=/usr/lib/petsc-2.2.1
> (sarge1-root)faheem@io:/usr/local/src/dolfin/dolfin-0.5.7$ make -s -C
> $PETSC_DIR getincludedirs PETSC_DIR=$PETSC_DIR
> make: *** No rule to make target `getincludedirs'.  Stop.
>
>                                                           Faheem.

Are you sure you have PETSc 2.2.1? Look through the PETSc makefile and
see if you find the target "getincludedirs".

In my petsc-2.2.1/makefile:

    include ${PETSC_DIR}/bmake/common/base

In my petsc-2.2.1/bmake/common/base:

    include ${PETSC_DIR}/bmake/common/rules