Re: Brave souls wanted - Testing SCons build of DOLFIN

Åsmund Ødegård wrote:

On Nov 30, 2007 12:26 PM, Garth N. Wells <gnw20@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:gnw20@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Looks nice.

    How do I enable packages like UMFPACK and PETSc? I'm getting message
    like posted below

If you have a, say, Debian installed umfpack, it should be detected. If you have umfpack
in nonstandard location, you should be able to compile with umpack by
export UMFPACK_DIR=/my/umfpack/place

Usually, you should set what you used as prefix when installing umfpack.

I'm using Ubuntu 7.10 with the libsuitespare-dev package. The header files are located under

  /usr/include/suitesparse

"suitesparse" needs to be added to

  ./simula-scons/scons/pkgconfiggenerator/umfpack.py

It then works fine.

Garth

If this does not seems to work, I very much like to have some more details. If you also can run
 python .../simula-scons/scons/pkgconfiggenerator/umfpack.py

and send me the output, I'll be able to provide better help!

    Garth

    Generating pkg-config file for 'petsc' in
    /home/garth/code/test/pkgconfig
    [scons/__init__.py, l. 616] Can not get pkg-config for petsc
     *** The pkg-config file for petsc can not be found on your system
     *** We are also unable to generate a suitable pkg-config file for
    petsc.
     *** If petsc are present on your system, set the PETSC_DIR environment
     *** variable to the directory where petsc is installed. If the package
     *** is not installed, please consider to install it!
     *** PETSC_DIR is currently set to /home/garth/code/petsc-2.3.3-p8

    Åsmund Ødegård wrote:
     > Hi,
     >
     > I like some brave builders, curious nerds, or really anybody, to
    visit
     > http://fenics.org/wiki/Compiling_DOLFIN_with_SCons and follow the
    rough
     > instructions!