Re: Built-in meshes. UnitSphere

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 11:44:53PM +0100, ndl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I Hope this works, and that i didn't forget anything.
> I've followed the manual..clone add commit bundle

Yes, works great.

> By the way about the smooth( ) function,
> does it works only with convex meshes?

Yes, there are problems for conconvex meshes. I wasn't aware of that,
but consider a vertex at (0, 0) surrounded by 4 neighboring vertices
located at

  (0, -epsilon), (0, epsilon), (-1, -C), (1, -C)

and say that the vertex at (0, -epsilon) is fixed (it's a boundary
vertex).

Then after averaging the neighboring vertices, the new y-coordinate for
the vertex will be

  (-epsilon + epsilon -C -C) / 4 = -C/2

so by increasing C, we can move the new vertex location arbitrarily
far below 0 (outside of the domain).

I don't know if there's an easy fix.