Re: XML format for Higher Order meshes

Actually, one problem I just realized is correlating the extra P2 vertices with a P2 vector function. For the kind of stuff I do, I have a velocity field which is 2nd order everywhere, and I use it to move my mesh vertices. So, if I have P2 mesh vertices I must ensure that the velocity DoFs correspond with the P2 mesh vertices. I have had no problem with this before because I have my own code which is fairly straightforward. But there may be a problem in generalizing it. argh....

So, it seems that if I wanted a P2 mesh, I must create a P2 function that lives on that P2 mesh where all the DoF's correspond. I could then use the P2 function to interpolate any velocity field I have onto the P2 mesh vertices in order to update the mesh. This P2 function would, of course, contain the vertices/control points for each triangle.

Would that `MeshFunction' be able to do this?

- Shawn