duetto-beta-testers team mailing list archive

Re: STL Trouble?

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for answering.

> We will need to fix this problem, what is weird though is that the compiler
itself crashes.
If previous reporter and me are observing the same problem, the compiler doesn't crash. It just generates 'weird error' caused by sizeof(long long) and absence of pthread.h.

As another user on the ML as guessed compiling on the server or client side
uses a different target, which also means different headers and libraries.
I meant LLVM backend actually, sorry for being vague.

Out of the curiosity: how are fstream and friends supposed to work on client side? I mean, in normal machine-compiled C++ they are backed by target's libc and system calls (like open(2) and read(2)) which is hardly possible for JavaScript target.

Thanks,
Valentine