Re: Bitbucket mirror

On Wed, 2010-04-14 at 16:14 -0500, Augie Fackler wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 4:12 PM, Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Right, I'm just questioning why we'd keep a mirror when there's a
> >> perfectly good tool available that could pull right from the real
> >> repo.
> > Isn't that just one way of creating the mirror? There'd have to be a
> > cronjob or something to do the pull though, and somebody needs to make
> > sure the versions of dulwich/hg/hg-git in use there stay working.
> hg convert would be better for creating a mirror. It just seems to me
> that if you really want people to provide patches, they should be
> working against the canonical central repo and not some mirror in
> another VCS.
I guess I'm not familiar enough with the differences between "hg
convert", hg-git's pull and bzr-hg's pull. As far as the bzr and git
branches of Dulwich are concerned they have the exact same contents,
just a different representation on disk. Is this different for
hg-git-created branches?

Cheers,

Jelmer