Re: Bitbucket mirror

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 3:32 PM, Augie Fackler <durin42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm perfectly willing to maintain a bitbucket mirror,
>
> <shameless plug> but why not just use hg-git? I do all my dulwich dev
> work using hg-git and it's fantastic.
> </shameless plug>
>
> It is not that fantastic on Windows. =) After I've fixed the issue
> with GitFile [1] with attached patch, it is able to successfully clone
> Git repository and create Hg working copy, but still fails to push
> with the error:
> abort: the remote end hung up unexpectedly
>
> I'd like to see this Windows patch integrated first to continue
> investigation on Windows further. It seems that there are some
> incompatibility issues with Mercurial 1.4.x.
>
> That's distressing. The tests get run against hg 1.4.x every time new code
> gets pushed. Can you be more specific?

Latest Dulwich, latest HgGit;

>C:\~env\Python26\Scripts\hg.bat push --trace
*** failed to import extension progress: No module named progress
pushing to git://git.samba.org/jelmer/dulwich.git
importing Hg objects into Git
creating and sending data
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\~env\Python26\lib\site-packages\mercurial\dispatch.py",
line 46, in _runcatch
    return _dispatch(ui, args)
  File "C:\~env\Python26\lib\site-packages\mercurial\dispatch.py",
line 454, in _dispatch
    return runcommand(lui, repo, cmd, fullargs, ui, options, d)
  File "C:\~env\Python26\lib\site-packages\mercurial\dispatch.py",
line 324, in runcommand
    ret = _runcommand(ui, options, cmd, d)
  File "C:\~env\Python26\lib\site-packages\mercurial\dispatch.py",
line 505, in _runcommand
    return checkargs()
  File "C:\~env\Python26\lib\site-packages\mercurial\dispatch.py",
line 459, in checkargs
    return cmdfunc()
  File "C:\~env\Python26\lib\site-packages\mercurial\dispatch.py",
line 453, in <lambda>
    d = lambda: util.checksignature(func)(ui, *args, **cmdoptions)
  File "C:\~env\Python26\lib\site-packages\mercurial\util.py", line
386, in check
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\~env\Python26\lib\site-packages\mercurial\commands.py",
line 2356, in push
    r = repo.push(other, opts.get('force'), revs=revs)
  File "C:\~env\Python26\lib\site-packages\hgext\mq.py", line 2501, in push
    return super(mqrepo, self).push(remote, force, revs)
  File "build\bdist.win32\egg\hggit\hgrepo.py", line 19, in push
    git.push(remote.path, revs, force)
  File "build\bdist.win32\egg\hggit\git_handler.py", line 147, in push
    changed_refs = self.upload_pack(remote, revs, force)
  File "build\bdist.win32\egg\hggit\git_handler.py", line 548, in upload_pack
    raise hgutil.Abort("the remote end hung up unexpectedly")
Abort: the remote end hung up unexpectedly
abort: the remote end hung up unexpectedly

> I have no resources for testing things on Windows, and until now all the
> windows users have just complained and not offered fixes - I'll appreciate
> any patches you can provide.

It would be much easier to provide patches for last released version
rather than "trunk". It takes significantly less time to use "hg init"
etc. than trying to guess working HgGit/Dulwich combination to be able
to download latest version from git repositories (at least for
Dulwich), compile them and install. Dulwich doesn't compile without
--pure option on Windows and it may happen that I am alone among
Windows users who knows how to compile it. This can easily overwhelm
and demotivate contributors. My attempt to work with Dulwich was not
the first, BTW. In previous attempts I've run out of time without any
outcomes or even questions.

> Mercurial 1.5.1 doesn't have "email" command in my Windows install. No
> options in Mercurial.ini either.
>
> Enable the patchbomb extension:
> mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/PatchbombExtension

patchbomb requires SMTP server and I do not have any except GMail. And
the last thing I want is to store my GMail credentials in cleartext
format. patchbomb could be more useful with Gmail OAuth.

--
anatoly t.