Re: b5490da68: Support running compatibility tests without discovery.

On Sun, 2010-12-19 at 13:57 -0800, Dave Borowitz wrote:
> AFAIK nose is still canonical, since it's what's in the Makefile. I'm
> fine with this provided:
> -if no git is installed, tests are still skipped rather than failed
> -you rewrite the 'check' make target such that it doesn't run the
> non-compat tests twice.
FWIW this is how trunk behaves at the moment.

> A nice-to-have would be a 'check-nocompat' or similar make target. I
> for one do things like run the tests on a bunch of sequential patches,
> and it's nice when those take 1s each rather than 10s.
Adding a check-nocompat target seems reasonable to me.

I use testr for most of my projects, it can e.g. parallelize test runs
and re-run only the failing tests from the previous run.

% time testr run --parallel
id=59, tests=423, skips=6
testr run --parallel  0.64s user 0.22s system 18% cpu 4.776 total

Cheers,

Jelmer