Re: All Merged

Peter Schuller wrote:
>> Sounds like the smart-archive-dir already uses never-before-used paths
>> for the archive metadata (since --name defaults to a hash, which
>> hadn't happened before I believe).  Which would make it an excellent
>> time to switch the archive-dir default of ~/.duplicity to
>> ~/.cache/duplicity (using XDG_* if available).
>
> Good point, yes.

The only exception I would have is to leave the partials in the cache
dir so that we don't take the chance of them ending up on a different
filesystem (the original suggestion had them in the config dir).

Easy enough to implement if its going to be useful.  So far I'm not
seeing much support for it.  The next question is, since it's a
freedesktop spec, does it also apply to servers?  I would hate to see
two solutions for one problem.