Re: All Merged

2009/6/23 Kenneth Loafman <kenneth@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Easy enough to implement if its going to be useful.  So far I'm not
> seeing much support for it.  The next question is, since it's a
> freedesktop spec, does it also apply to servers?  I would hate to see
> two solutions for one problem.

Yeah, it applies to servers.  I believe one of freedesktop's founding
goals was to get specs that both KDE and GNOME could agree on, and in
the course of this they host/sponsor various low-level specs.

The basedir spec (the one we're talking about) is widely applicable
and has good support.  It's use-case is not desktop-specific.

-mt