Re: 0.6.01 picking up too many diffs; incorrectly detects 0 volume increment

> > is a correct transcribation of the previous version whichi called
> > copy_raw() if the file was a manifest.
>
> In the normal course of processing the difference between manifest and
> sigtar are necessary in the local side.  The manifest is not compressed
> and the sigtar is, so the way I had it was correct.
>
> On the remote side, it's either encrypted or gzipped.  I'll review your
>  changes and see if there are any problems.

Hopefully it's still correct but expressed another way; I'm just not
sure about it.

However I also realized sometime yesterday, though I didn't bother
posting until LP's mail queue got flushed, that the "spurious" files
likely are there sort of by design given the checkpoint/restart
logic. So I'm not sure whether the fix to remove them makes sense. I
probably won't have much time to look into it again until next weekend
though.

In any case, I do think that the recent improvements in archive
handling in 6.x are going to be very nice, and I particularly value
the ability to 'synchronize' the archive. In my case also in removal
of files, to avoid old "cruft" accumulating. But of course I don't
want to disable the checkpoint/restart feature either.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@xxxxxxxxx