Re: 0.6.01 picking up too many diffs; incorrectly detects 0 volume increment

Peter Schuller wrote:
> I did an incremental against my test repo and aborted it. First off
> the collection status still showed a "bogus" incremental:
>
>  Type of backup set:                            Time:      Num volumes:
>                 Full         Sat Jul  4 18:25:38 2009                 1
>          Incremental         Sat Jul  4 18:26:00 2009                 1
>          Incremental         Tue Jul  7 18:41:17 2009                 0
>
> And when re-running, thinking it was just checkpoint/restore, it failed like this:
>
> Local and Remote metadata are synchronized, no sync needed.
> Added incremental Backupset (start_time: Sat Jul  4 18:25:38 2009 / end_time: Sat Jul  4 18:26:00 2009)
> Added incremental Backupset (start_time: Sat Jul  4 18:26:00 2009 / end_time: Tue Jul  7 18:41:17 2009)
> Warning, found an unnecessary signature chain
> duplicity-full-signatures.20090704T162538Z.sigtar.gpg
> Warning, found incomplete backup sets, probably left from aborted session
> Last inc backup left a partial set, restarting.
> Last full backup date: Sat Jul  4 18:25:38 2009
> Fatal Error: Manifest has 1 volumes, remote has 0 volumes
>
> Sorry, I probably won't be able to investigate properly today but
> wanted to provide the feedback at least.

What this means is that you really did not get far enough for a restart.
 I guess the message should be clearer.  The manifest is written, but
the sigtar file has not really made it yet.  In this one case there's
nothing to be done, but in cases where the count is something like
manifest has 4 and the remote has 3, the manifest can be corrected.