Re: 0.6.01 picking up too many diffs; incorrectly detects 0 volume increment

Peter Schuller wrote:
> I'm not sure why you think this is the problem though. I mean it's
> picking up empty files, and even if flush/fsync was somehow broken, a
> killed duplicity would still be able to leave empty files behind on a
> system where it wasn't. I'll check the source and see where that code
> is from later on but won't be able to until tonight. I take it you're
> saying some file is being created after another file should have been
> written to but wasn't?

flush() is called after every volume so that the manifest and sig files
have their contents up to date.  Theoretically, the only way empty files
could be left after a run is if the process was terminated before the
first volume.  After that, they should increase one volume at a time.