Re: What it takes to be a dev

Am 19.11.2011 09:22, schrieb Сергей:
Regarding daily builds: they require existing Debian packaging, and I
don't think it's a good idea to make the developer package their app,
too.
Division of labor produces better results, and since I don't have a
monopoly for Debian packaging in elementary anymore (Mario Guerriero
and Cody Garver package stuff very well), packaging shouldn't be a
bottleneck.
I heavily second that. I've said it more than once. It is very rare for developers to package their own software. If a package is any good, packagers take care of it. Packagers have the benefit of more experience, routine and finding additional bugs. And it takes away development time.