Re: Contractor web services authentication application

If we do have to create our own online accounts plug it should definitely replace the GNOME one and not just add yet another plug.

And yes, the uploaded service should definitely work with this centralized online accounts plug to both see if there is existing credentials and also to save new credentials.

There's no need to have API's for apps to tie directly into. Thats the point of contractor is to not have to do that sort of thing. Once the original app hands off something to a receiving app/service, its work is done. The sending app should never have to know about or care what the receiving app/service is.

I really feel like we should do our best to have contracts bundled with apps and not as stand-alone packages. Nobody should ever think "Gee i should install the web contracts meta package". Users should simply install Gwibber or Polly for their twitter features, not thinking about the fact that there's a service that ties these apps together.

In other words, users shouldn't know that contractor even exists. It's just an implementation detail.

Best Regards,
Daniel Foré

www.elementaryos.org