Re: Creating application

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 09:26:11 -0700, Daniel Foré wrote:
I'm copy to copy your mail to our developer mailing list and
hopefully our community can better answer your questions :)

El jul 2, 2012, a las 5:43 a.m., Jean INDERCHIT <jean.inderchit@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:
But before I start, I want to know if you have any recommandation about application building for elementary OS (despite the documentation on the developer section of ElementaryOS website's).
Do you think it's a good idea to use C++ with gtk+ ?
Do you use something special for the UI on Elementary OS ?

Hi Jean,

You might want to take a look at the draft of the new developer guide:
http://tiny.cc/dev-guide-draft

Most applications are developed in Vala with Gtk+3 and Granite as the
GUI frameworks. (Granite adds some custom widgets and dialogs fro Gtk+3.)
So that's also the proven combination for elementary apps. I don't know
about C++ with Gtk+, but it should not be to hard to learn Vala if you're
familiar with object oriented programming. (It's closer to Java and C#
than C++ though.)

Kind regards,
--
Pim Vullers