Re: X-GNOME-FullName

Showing just the branded name is a terrible idea from the
internationalization point of view - most application names are in English,
which means understanding what the app does requires decent knowledge of
English.* IMO it's a bad idea to impose such requirements on our users.

I'm yet to run into any truncated results in Slingshot, but I agree long
labels are not a good idea either. Slingshot full of them would be the
classic "TL;DR".

So GenericName looks like the best option for Slingshot's main view to me.

*I have not even mentioned apps in more obscure languages like Eidete
(Greek) or Midori (Japanese).