I'll BBIAB

I've just noticed that I've replied only to Cody and not to the list,
forwarding the mail to the list now.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sergey "Shnatsel" Davidoff <sergey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2012/9/5
Subject: Re: [Elementary-dev-community] I'll BBIAB
To: Cody Garver <codygarver@xxxxxxxxx>

2012/9/5 Cody Garver <codygarver@xxxxxxxxx>

> NYC is just as good as Disney World. If anyone in your party smokes
> cigarettes, advise them to bring their own. They are very very expensive
> there.

Thanks!

> Will you still be uploading daily ISO builds? Or able to further
> collaborate with nerdshark to finish automating them?

I'd prefer to transfer the reins to somebody else and finally get anacron
jobs set up on a server to automate the process. Same goes for crash
retracing and upstream package imports. It's all documented in
https://docs.google.com/document/d/16bUZqrSudlVt7Z7gAafS15U-ZlmvhdSMpLEL1wcatGg/edit

I'll try to supply more or less regularly built dailies until somebody gets
the automation figured (hint hint). No promises though. I'm open for any
automation-related questions, except crontab syntax which I never really
knew.

> Are you only available for consultation or will you still contribute to
> branches?

Both. But as I've been doing for the past... ehh, while, I'm more likely to
teach fishing instead of spreading herring around.

> Small issue for you to tackle: replace switchboard-plug-wallpaper with
> switchboard-plug-pantheon-shell

bzr branch lp:~elementary-os/elementaryos/elementary-seeds.precise
# some packages are specified in
lp:~elementary-os/elementaryos/platform.precise
# full docs on seed hacking are located at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RPPF14h1Sw2gQjGTuZjUIlNHnGrafS8ekhFjJM9MT00/edit
cd elementary-seeds.precise
scratch-text-editor $(grep switchboard-plug-wallpaper *)
# <edit edit edit>
bzr commit -m "replaced switchboard-plug-wallpaper with
switchboard-plug-pantheon-shell"
bzr push :parent
cd ..
bzr branch lp:~elementary-os/elementaryos/seed-metapackages
cd seed-metapackages
./update
debcommit
bzr push :parent