If you have anything to ask, please send me a mail directly, I am not sure I will have the time to read this ML ;) (I'm not even sure to have internet in the following weeks -.-).

Sergey, too bad you don't go to Paris too :(

Lucas

On 06/09/2012 13:14, Sergey "Shnatsel" Davidoff wrote:
I've just noticed that I've replied only to Cody and not to the list, forwarding the mail to the list now.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Sergey "Shnatsel" Davidoff* <sergey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:sergey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: 2012/9/5
Subject: Re: [Elementary-dev-community] I'll BBIAB
To: Cody Garver <codygarver@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:codygarver@xxxxxxxxx>>

2012/9/5 Cody Garver <codygarver@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:codygarver@xxxxxxxxx>>

    NYC is just as good as Disney World. If anyone in your party
    smokes cigarettes, advise them to bring their own. They are very
    very expensive there.

Thanks!

    Will you still be uploading daily ISO builds? Or able to further
    collaborate with nerdshark to finish automating them?

I'd prefer to transfer the reins to somebody else and finally get anacron jobs set up on a server to automate the process. Same goes for crash retracing and upstream package imports. It's all documented in https://docs.google.com/document/d/16bUZqrSudlVt7Z7gAafS15U-ZlmvhdSMpLEL1wcatGg/edit

I'll try to supply more or less regularly built dailies until somebody gets the automation figured (hint hint). No promises though. I'm open for any automation-related questions, except crontab syntax which I never really knew.

    Are you only available for consultation or will you still
    contribute to branches?

Both. But as I've been doing for the past... ehh, while, I'm more likely to teach fishing instead of spreading herring around.

    Small issue for you to tackle: replace switchboard-plug-wallpaper
    with switchboard-plug-pantheon-shell

bzr branch lp:~elementary-os/elementaryos/elementary-seeds.precise
# some packages are specified in lp:~elementary-os/elementaryos/platform.precise # full docs on seed hacking are located at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RPPF14h1Sw2gQjGTuZjUIlNHnGrafS8ekhFjJM9MT00/edit
cd elementary-seeds.precise
scratch-text-editor $(grep switchboard-plug-wallpaper *)
# <edit edit edit>
bzr commit -m "replaced switchboard-plug-wallpaper with switchboard-plug-pantheon-shell"
bzr push :parent
cd ..
bzr branch lp:~elementary-os/elementaryos/seed-metapackages
cd seed-metapackages
./update
debcommit
bzr push :parent