Re: Running App Indicators

2012/9/18 satchitb@xxxxxxxxx <satchitb@xxxxxxxxx>

> +1. In fact, I'd go one step further and propose that elementary take the
> lead in adopting the (IMO, much needed) one-application-one-window
> paradigm. Things get incredibly confusing and cluttered with a whole mess
> of windows. If not, the minimise/unminimise thing makes most sense (though,
> again, with multiple windows, some form of per-application-Scale is
> necessary; ever tried working on large research projects with fifty evince
> windows open?). To effectively convey the number of running applications,
> there would have to be indicators.

Well, tab bars are not sufficient for fifteen or fifty windows either. I've
already proposed one-app-one-window with shell-side tabs... IMO it would
work better than client-side tabbars, if overflow handling is done right.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Ec5JsMpfVj8/T3Jkc41lMHI/AAAAAAAAAzw/bNVMvOBWLLQ/s1600/playlist.png
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Ry5CEaBbKnA/T3JiUVRSrOI/AAAAAAAAAzg/5dgG0sjjrac/s1600/panel.png
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-06NsscSyKQw/T3JkvouSbJI/AAAAAAAAAz4/nCX3hXx7GGA/s1600/notifications.png
Hopefully someday I'll make fancy mockups of that...

OS architect @ elementary