Re: Renaming Noise

Thanks for your replies, I agree with most of the comments. Some
clarifications:

   1. I'm not proposing Tempo as the new name. We'd still need to evaluate
   alternatives. If it were my choice I would have re-named the player to
   "Melody" a long time ago.
   2. Currently, the *only reason* motivating the rename is the negative
   connotation of the word "noise" in its primary meaning: *Sound or a
   sound that is loud, unpleasant, unexpected, or undesired*. Of course
   this is not a problem if you think of the word as in "music genre". This is
   not a problem in other languages either, since app names are not translated.
   3. I decided to name the (BeatBox) fork "Noise" because that's the name
   Daniel's mockups were using initially, and it was fine until people heard
   about it and started complaining about the negative feeling conveyed by the
   new name.

In conclusion, the primary motivation behind this proposal is having a more
marketable name. In my humble opinion, "creating confusion" is not really a
solid argument against; Luna is still in beta stage and we are still free
to move our pieces before the final release.

On the technical side, as far as I know, Launchpad is smart enough to
update all the non-external links (blueprints, etc.) after renaming the
project. Updating the code wouldn't take more than 2-3 hours of my time, or
Corentin's time, at a rough estimation. It shouldn't take much time on the
packager's either.