Re: Moving Away From Ubuntu

Yeah, i'm going to bring it up again. Don't kill me.

Why not just use something like LibAppImage that handles all the
dependencies and produces a distro-independent binary. PPA's are powerful
and I understand that, but even with LibAppImage it can take a package from
a PPA download any missing dependencies from a base system and bundle them.
It's early in the AM so forgive me.

But essentially you could just build a base system with Fedora, Debian, etc
etc. Then distribute the eOS Apps via LibAppImage Binaries and they would
work across all platforms. PPA's are great don't get me wrong. But being
able to download one simple binary file for an app is even more awesome; or
build that app binary. Especially when becoming distro-agnostic.

[1] https://github.com/probonopd/AppImageKit
[2] http://portablelinuxapps.org/docs/1.0/AppImageKit.pdf
{3]
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/07/distro-agnostic-packaging-making-appimages