Re: Moving Away From Ubuntu

Am 09.07.2013 11:18, schrieb Sergey "Shnatsel" Davidoff:
> I share Conscious User's concerns. In fact, bazaar is in exactly the
> same situation now. Canonical has limited resources and they have to
> choose where to allocate them.
>
> Moreover, the status of GNOME stack in Ubuntu repos is already
> daunting. The indicator API split, the online accounts split, the
> fallback stack split, the systemd split, now the display server split
> - they all make Ubuntu more and more incompatible with upstream.
A GNOME user will say exactly the same about Elementary. Ditching the
shell, forking the window manager, discarding all apps, adding Contractor…

More seriously, I rather doubt that Elementary's target audience is the
kind that thinks about system level customizations before even
installing the distro. I don't see anything good in trying to go for
lots of base systems.

ciao,
Christian