Re: Mir Discussion with Jono

See Jono's clarification :)

There is absolutely no reason to believe that not supporting Gtk+ would doom Ubuntu to fail. Android and iOS launched just fine without supporting Windows or OS X apps.

And in fact, this is not so different from our expectations either. A serious OS needs apps that are built specifically around it's platform. Cross platform apps suck.

I would fully expect it to seem odd that someone would try to run GIMP on Ubuntu 16.04 just like it would be odd for someone to want to run Krita on Ubuntu now.

Best Regards,
Daniel Foré