Re: Other languages? (Was Re: Congratulations Luna developers!)

So you want us to document how to build a "elementary style" app in any
possible language? Thanks but no thanks. IMHO we should provide generic
goals and guidelines as to how an application should work and what it
should look like, and preferably describe a set of tools with which you
could achieve that. Vala is just the tool elementary agreed upon to use for
core apps, and it makes sense to use that knowledge to also create third
party apps. If you prefer to use different tools for third party apps,
that's entirely OK. But it makes no sense to try to document any possible
tool with which you could make an elementary style app.

--
Jaap