Re: Fwd: Google+

I agree with Cassidy: Hangouts makes it easier to catch people like
Dan and get a quick reply. The IRC-memo-system was just a humongous
and ugly hack that didn't worked out. It's a good (but not perfect)
thing between writing a actual mail and dropping a message to IRC.

The mailing-list itself is also quite horrible: You have to join
Launchpad, work around those annoying anti-spam measures, join the LP
group and the navigation in the Archive has a horrible interface and
needs a few minutes to update itself.

G+ provides at least a half-way working way of seeing replies (well,
it depends on having all replies in a list instead of a tree / needs
to execute JS to view plain-text / also closed source).

I'm still looking forward the elementary.io-service that allows to use
Jabber (is that still planned?)

- Raphael