Re: Wayland plans? Here is a proof of concept compositor :)

Jose, wayland is just a protocol. Toolkits abstract the display server and they may or may not implement wayland. In fact wayland has a design that decouples
multiple things that were all in on solution under X11
including the compositor, where Weston is the reference compositor.
So I am sorry but mentioning 'Qt Wayland compositor' to make a case for Qt usage
makes it stink.

I AM NOT A CORE DEVELOPER of eOS, but am a interested party and have been following this project for quite a while, and now that the disclaimer is provided, I would say that this most likely applies to most projects you may want to contribute, approach
projects showing your case and intentions clearly,

example:
I want to develop an application
Z, I am intending to use Qt, I know the selected toolkit is Gtk+ and vala, are there
any strong reasons for me not to use it Qt?

example2:
I am familiar/interested in Wayland and Qt, I would like to do X to help
the project on this technologies, how could I be more useful.

the above approaches are just examples but at least they don't give the idea that you are just trying to come to a project and say 'do my terms if you want
my help.'

Cheers
The Elementary Project `Watch Dog - dardevelin`