Re: Wayland plans? Here is a proof of concept compositor :)

> As far as I know, Mutter does run on Wayland. So I'm not sure it makes
> sense to write a brand new compositor when we could continue to use
> Gala.

Great, I didn't know that libmutter already implements the Wayland
protocol, those are good news and, in this situation a new compositor
doesn't make sense if the team is not thinking on convergence, I'd really
love to see eOS on my tablet and I'd love to collaborate.
As eOS user is good to know that the project is going to Wayland instead of
Mir.

@dardevelin
> So I am sorry but mentioning 'Qt Wayland compositor' to make a case for
Qt usage
> makes it stink.

Reading this link is highly recommended:
http://qt-project.org/wiki/QtWayland
Qt Wayland is a separate Qt module composed by two different parts: the
client API and the compositor API, so the only thing that stink here is
your attitude. I'm a C++ & Qt developer, not a Vala & GTK developer, that
is why I offer my help using this technologies, pointing, in my opinion,
good reason of why a new QML compositor could be a good option to integrate
new features in the project (movile/tablet/PC shells, possibility of deploy
apps on iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Windows, OS X, Ubuntu Touch, etc,
hardware acceleration out of the box...) and I come here with source code,
not with useless words ;)

However, It looks like eOS is going to use libmutter-wayland, so,
unfortunately, I can not help with that simply because I'm not a Vala
developer, not because I was trying to force the inclusion of Qt or
something similar.