enterprise-ubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: Thunderbird vs. Exchange

Hello,

It would be nice to see DavMail and Lightning in R.
xul-ext-lightning is already available.
It is even in Ubuntu Precise AFAIK.
Yes, I know. Could you point me to the documentation
on how to hook it up with exchange server?
Oh, Lightning is not enough. You need a connector or a proxy. So in this regards, pure Ubuntu is not good enough.

I do not know what is the story with DavMail in Ubuntu and why it is not included into any archive. I guess the main reason is that its build system is "ant" and you can't use a common Debian-style recipe for building it.

On the other hand, we are using the Exchange connector from http://www.1st-setup.nl/wordpress/?page_id=133 which I packaged as .deb for internal use. I can send you the packages if you are interested. We used a profile shell script to autoconfigure the connector.

Cheers,
Ballock