enterprise-ubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: Thunderbird vs. Exchange

On 07.11.2012 12:26, Bolesław Tokarski wrote:
Hello,

It would be nice to see DavMail and Lightning in R.
xul-ext-lightning is already available.
It is even in Ubuntu Precise AFAIK.
For pure IMAP dovecot is used as a proxy at the university I used to
work. AIUI it works much better than Exchange, which doesn't even try to
be standards compliant there.
That's interesting. How is it configured to inter-operate with Exchange?
Does it use Exchange's IMAP or...? Did you do anything about calendaring
proxy?

I didn't do anything about it, since I left before the management finally realized IMAP on Exchange is not working.. (lot of people still use alpine :)

I guess for calendaring they still use OWA from a browser.