Re: New proposed project: FEniCS Apps

On Sep 15, 2008, at 2:35 PM, Anders Logg wrote:

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 11:14:50PM +0200, Johan Hoffman wrote:
Yes, this is natural. I am all in favour of including Unicorn among the
fenics-apps, as you describe.

The only difference would then be that the repository for Unicorn is
under

 fenics.org/hg/unicorn

instead of

 fenics.org/apps/unicorn

But at the same time, I also think it is
important to keep Unicorn as a FEniCS project in itself, since it is the only project aiming at realizing the FEniCS vision in the direction of mathematical modeling (turbulent/laminar compressible/ incompressible flow,
fsi, etc. as one solver).

/Johan

I don't agree. I also want to do all those things, but as part of DOLFIN.

I assume you mean that you `don't agree' with the statement
`only project aiming at realizing ...' I will be quite happy to see
many more codes that aim in this direction!