Re: New proposed project: FEniCS Apps

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 12:47 AM, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 03:37:37PM -0700, Ridgway Scott wrote:

>>> The only difference would then be that the repository for Unicorn is
>>> under
>>>
>>>  fenics.org/hg/unicorn
>>>
>>> instead of
>>>
>>>  fenics.org/apps/unicorn

>>> I don't agree. I also want to do all those things, but as part of
>>> DOLFIN.
>>>
>> I assume you mean that you `don't agree' with the statement
>> `only project aiming at realizing ...' I will be quite happy to see
>> many more codes that aim in this direction!
>
> Yes!
>
> My only point is that it would be natural to include Unicorn in the
> collection of applications.
>
> It would be beneficial both for FEniCS Apps (to be able to include a
> state-of-the art unified continuum mechanics solver) and for Unicorn
> (getting some help from Andy and Kristian with maintenance, running
> buildbots etc).
>
> --
> Anders

It sounds as if everyone likes the project idea.  I've had a couple
more applications codes promised, so hopefully we be able to grow very
soon.  We have added a link from the main page and will discuss more
about particular structure of the projects on the fenics-apps mailing
list (http://fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/fenics-apps).

-- Andy