Re: Development code management

Anders Logg wrote:
On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 10:27:19AM -0600, Andy Ray Terrel wrote:
It's not a big problem to spend some small amount on hosting like the
current fee of $5/month for the plan we would need. But what about the
backend? Does anyone know if it's free? I know Launchpad is but what
about Bitbucket?
Bitbucket has its own server software that is not free.  You can see
the project at: http://bitbucket.org/jespern/bitbucket/

Here's some more info on the matter:

http://www.selenic.com/pipermail/mercurial/2008-August/020498.html

This speaks to the advantage of Launchpad.

But it's somewhat unfair to Bitbucket since Launchpad was also
non-free for a long while and only became free once they had a large
enough user-base.

Although Launchpad never charged users.

Garth

Something else to consider is CNAME support. We can get this with
Bitbucket so that the address for the repository would still be
www.fenics.org/hg/foo as an alias for the Bitbucket address.
Does Launchpad have this?
I haven't been able to find this.