Re: Development code management

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 10:50:07AM -0600, Andy Ray Terrel wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Garth N. Wells <gnw20@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > Harish Narayanan wrote:

> >> I don't see where launchpad offers support for project wikis. Maybe I
> >> need to own a project on it to have the option of creating one?
> >>

> > I don't believe that it supports wikis.
>
> Yes I see, it has a place for you to link to a wiki but doesn't host
> one for you.  But I've never used this in bitbucket, so people can
> still just the fenics.org wiki to add content about their project.

Moving to Launchpad means we can remove a bunch of pages and services
from fenics.org. Up until now, fenics.org has been very developer
centered. We could move all of that to Launchpad, and let fenics.org
be a good entry-page for users.

Instead of what we have today, I imagine something like this:

  http://tortoisehg.bitbucket.org/

Something that makes a user feel comfortable the first time they open
the page. Our current page is quite intense in the number of links it
presents on the main page and many of those links are not so helpful
to a casual user.

So we could have a "Development" link or similar on the front page
pointing to Launchpad.