Re: UFR - The Unified Fenics Repository

On 26 February 2013 10:07, Garth N. Wells <gnw20@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 26 February 2013 01:16, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 10:13:44AM +0100, Martin Sandve Alnæs wrote:
>
>> - I think the two-way split (keeping dolfin separate, joining at least
> >> ufc-ffc-ufl) sounds most compelling and carries less risk.
> >

> Even more granular would be ufc-ffc. That way, FFC would contain all
> the code formatting.
>
> > I'm still tempted by having one big repo.
> >

> I'm inclined to stay close to the status quo. If a big repo is
> contemplated, someone should make one and we can test if it's workable
> with bzr. It may just be too big and bzr too slow.

The best way to do such things is usually gradually. The first steps could
be:
1) Move ufc into the ffc repo.
2) Move dolfin wrapper generation back from dolfin to ffc?
In these cases there are no big history and patching issues,
so this can be done soon with no issues whatsoever (but
preferably after we merge the work in progress by Anders and I).

Martin