Re: Deploying OpenStack from trunk packages w/ Fuel

Dmitry, this is not on our RoadMap at least for 4.1 release now. Anyone can
do this by himself, but one should have his own test infrastructure which
verifies that all components of OpenStack and underlying operating systems
can work seamlessly, as there can be commits in trunk code of OpenStack
that, for example, can break compatibility of Cinder code with old CentOS
device-mapper utils. Official support for this feature is under discussion
as some users are interested in it, but we are not going to support it
out-of-box in 4.1 Both approaches you suggested can be applied but with no
official warranty right now. Anyway, feel free to submit corresponding
blueprint in FUEL launchpad space and report on your progress in trunk
deployment.

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 8:24 PM, Dmitriy Novakovskiy <
dnovakovskiy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I have 2 customers who are interested in using Fuel to deploy OpenStack
> from trunk packages. Can you explain me what it would take (technically) to:
>
>    - A) Do it "true way" - Build an ISO for Fuel master using trunk
>    packages (latest OpenStack release supported by Fuel) and Fuel (from "open"
>    sources only, not using any MOS images from mirantis.com)
>    - B) Do it "hack way" - Install MOS from mirantis.com ISO and then
>    substitute packages w/ trunk
>    - C) Something else - maybe i'm inventing wrong approaches :)
>
> I'm also looking for advice on how generally feasible any approach is,
> given the end goal to be a working OpenStack cloud
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> ---
> Regards,
> Dmitriy