getdeb-collaboration team mailing list archive

Re: Intrepid Ready

Hello,
to summarize our discussion.

We will be providing new packages and updates for 8.04 until the 9.04 is released, however with a visible descriptions of "lower priority" work, our main target for packaging will be 8.10 . I need to do some changes on ABS to accommodate this change to our processes. My idea is to create mutiple upload/building queues, following the following scheme:

   getdeb-all:  Build for for Hardy and Intrepid (32 and 64)
   getdeb-hardy: Build for Hardy
   getdeb-intrepid: Build for Intrepid

If a package build rules is suitable for both hardy and intrepid it should be uploaded to -all, otherwise different uploads will be needed for each queue, or for just one queue. I will try to have this implemented by this weekend, but I can't guarantee, the build scripts will require significant changes.

There are also other parts of the release process that will need to be changed, I will address those on different mails.

Thanks

Marko Oreskovic wrote:
João Luís Marques Pinto wrote:
Marko Oreskovic wrote: