gnome3-team team mailing list archive

gnome-shell policy-kit

I first sent this to one of the packagers, but then I found this list
which may be a more appropriate place for it....

I have been playing around with gnome-shell trying to get the nice
integrated authentication dialog. Currently you get the old
authentication dialog since polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1 is
autostarted which means that the shell cant register it's built in
agent. If you just kill polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1 and restart
the shell things work. So I suggest to add a Provides: policykit-1-gnome
and Conflicts: policykit-1-gnome to the gnome-shell package. That should
get things to work.

//Mattias