gnusim8085-devel team mailing list archive

Re: Which bug data to migrate from SF.net to LP.net

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 2:38 AM, Aanjhan R <aanjhan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 9:59 PM, Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am working on converting SF.net exported bug data to LP.net required
>>> format [1]. For this I am writing a XSL for transformation of data.
>>> Currently I am planning to only migrate bugs and feature requests in
>>> 'Open' state. The bugs/feature requests in 'Pending' state (fix for
>>> which is already in git master) will not be migrated. Also I am
>>> planning to get a quick 1.3.6 release soon to get the word out that we
>>> are moving to LP and that development is active again.
>>
>> I really dont see why we must leave out the Pending and Closed bugs.
>> Especially when there are only 38 bugs in total reported from 2003.
>> Very stable software I believe ;)
>>
>> And wrt feature requests, I think some feature requests reported some
>> bugs. I am not sure which ones. But I am not able to understand what
>> is the problem in getting all imported. Is there any issue?
>
> There is no problem with importing all data. The question is do we
> really need closed bugs/RFE data. I can understand about pending but
> with a release even they will become closed soon.

We don't have to import closed issues because they are going to stay
in the SF site for historical reasons, correct?  I believe ChangeLog
also points to SF bug numbers. So it may be better to leave
closed/pending issues at SF.net and only port open issues to LP.

BTW, Onkar - so you're writing a script to convert the data? Perhaps
you should consider releasing it for other's benefit too.

-srid