gnusim8085-devel team mailing list archive

Re: Which bug data to migrate from SF.net to LP.net

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 4:11 AM, Sridhar Ratnakumar
<sridhar.ratna@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> I really dont see why we must leave out the Pending and Closed bugs.
>>> Especially when there are only 38 bugs in total reported from 2003.
>>> Very stable software I believe ;)
>>>
>>> And wrt feature requests, I think some feature requests reported some
>>> bugs. I am not sure which ones. But I am not able to understand what
>>> is the problem in getting all imported. Is there any issue?
>>
>> There is no problem with importing all data. The question is do we
>> really need closed bugs/RFE data. I can understand about pending but
>> with a release even they will become closed soon.
>
> We don't have to import closed issues because they are going to stay
> in the SF site for historical reasons, correct?  I believe ChangeLog
> also points to SF bug numbers. So it may be better to leave
> closed/pending issues at SF.net and only port open issues to LP.

Exactly my point.

> BTW, Onkar - so you're writing a script to convert the data? Perhaps
> you should consider releasing it for other's benefit too.

It is just a XSL to transform from SF's xml to LP's xml. I will surely
release it to public. I couldn't find anyone on #launchpad channel who
would at least initiate the process of importing the bugs so I decided
that I will at least carry out data conversion part. This way we also
have more control on what data we import and how the conversion
happens.

Onkar