Re: [Question #163925]: How can i develop a completely new Graphite Dashboard UI?

chrismd proposed the following answer:
Many Graphite users have custom UI's, but just about all of them (that
I'm aware of) do not publish them as open source. Generally they are
site-specific and range in complexity from a wiki page containing a few
important graphs to full-featured dashboard management suites. In fact I
wrote a very awesome UI for my last company, Sears, which I was
unfortunately not allowed to publish as open source. Recently I've been
working on a new dashboard UI for Graphite, a super basic version is in
the 0.9.8 release but the stuff in trunk is much more advanced. But
anyways, back to your question...

There are two approaches you can take to building a custom UI. The
simple approach is to have Graphite render the graphs for you, so you
can manipulate image URLs to manipulate the graphs. The harder approach
(that has more potential for awesomeness) is to only fetch raw
datapoints from Graphite and to render them on your own somehow (perhaps
new ExtJS4 charts?). I do not have a library or anything for you to use
to do this, but a simple Ajax call should work just fine (you use the
same URL as for a graph of the data but add &format=json to the
querystring.

That covers the actual graphing, as far as navigating the metric
hierarchy there are various Ajax interfaces depending on how you want to
present the metrics (tree navigation, autocompletion, search, etc...).
None are well documented yet but if you have a particular approach you
want to take let me know and I can explain the API.